Saturday, July 5, 2014

Yep, the dreaded first post.



So here I am again, after weeks of telling myself I should start blogging again.  Now that I've signed up, and picked a name, my mind's a blank.  Go figure.

Anyway, PostSynaptica is intended to be a sort of catch-all for my mind.  Much of it will be technical, specifically aimed at Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), especially items relevant to Linux users.

There will also likely be interesting (hopefully, not widely reported) science news and thoughts, as well as interesting ideas and techniques in the applied sciences.  I enjoy digging up ways new knowledge is being applied to older applications, so I'll throw those on here as I stumble across them. 

While I won't turn this into a political site, it's an election year, so I'll probably contribute a bit of ranting about the embarrassingly broken system we have today in the USA, mostly with an old-school perspective.  If you're so "progressive" that you reject anything that our great-grandparents considered worthwhile, you probably won't find any of the political items interesting.  If you're so conservative that you're occasionally mistaken for a petrified forest, likewise.  Either way, be forewarned, I'll zap intentionally annoying or aggressive comments.

Lastly, I'm not an author or professional speaker, and I don't really enjoy long, casual conversations with others, so if poor grammar and badly used idioms drive you crazy, you might want to add this blog to your banned list.  Also, I'll be decorating as time goes on, so expect changes to the theme as I get around to it.  Hopefully the content will suffice, for now.

I enjoy a vast myriad of interests and activities, so there should be something for everyone, provided I don't give up after two posts.  Hopefully you'll agree, and thanks for dropping in to peek inside my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment